We've been renting different homes on the Cape for 40 consecutive summers, and this was one of the best ever, if not the best. There's no doubt about where the owner stands, though: anytime we had a question or an issue, he was absolutely the most proactive & responsive, fast-acting and helpful we've ever had the pleasure of working with.
Let me start with some of the home's most important strengths:
* not only were all the bedrooms ample in size and comfortable, but they come with great mattresses, window AC units, and great closet space. Equally important, the upstairs bedrooms (which we reserved for our guests) were unusually spacious (no low ceilings or funky angles, no compromises with the bathroom).
* the grounds are beautiful...more like a landscaped park than a mere yard, and dotted with bird feeders that attract a constant and varied parade of birds, including a family of nine wild turkeys (mom, dad and 7 chicks).
* the kitchen is exceptionally well-equipped.
* there are two rooms for hanging out: an enclosed porch-like room and a traditional living room. both have tv's with cable and an assortment of chairs/sofas that make for enjoyable hours of conversation and/or reading.
* there's also a large room (entered from the exterior door to the right in the photo) which we used as a de facto mud room that held all our equipment and kayaking clothes, etc.: very convenient.
* the back has a great grill and there are two tables for eating outdoors, enough to feed a small army if you wanted.
Since nothing is ever perfect, there were a few things we would have changed if we could: a little over a week out of our six was hot and humid: it made it uncomfortable to be anywhere but an air-conditioned bedroom with the door closed. Several fans were provided, and they helped some, but it would have been a whole lot better if the house had central air or if it had been easier to get a good cross-breeze going. The situation was aggravated by the heat which the spot lights put out in the kitchen and dining area. The dining room area comfortably sat 2 or 3, but if/when we wanted a larger group and the weather wouldn't accommodate eating outdoors, we needed to move the dining table into the living room.
Also, when it rains heavily, the area by the grill turned into a temporary lake. Though the water subsided quickly, the mulched surface remained "sticky" and made it almost impossible to move back and forth between the grill and indoor areas without tracking a hard-to-clean mess onto the carpet.
But in the scheme of things, these are just details. This is a wonderful house, with a GREAT owner, and we had an ecstatically wonderful time!