There are so many ways to celebrate the Fourth of July on the Cape and Islands.
One of the nation's best Fourth of July fireworks shows is right here on Cape Cod,
according to Travel & Leisure magazine, which named Falmouth's annual fireworks
display as one of the 10 best in the country. The patriotic fireworks show is watched
by 50,000 people each summer.
Independence Day Fireworks 2021
Independence Day Fireworks
Thursday, July 1st
- dusk - Head to Mashpee High School for the town of Mashpee’s spectacular fireworks display.
Veterans Field - Bring a blanket or lawn chair and a picnic or support the Chatham Anglers with a visit to the concession stand for snacks or dinner.
Sunday, July 4th
The Fourth of July fireworks show in Hyannis is staged on a barge in Lewis Bay. The show starts at about 9:00 pm. Before the fireworks, you can catch free concerts at various locations from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
Monday, July 5th
9:00pm - The Plymouth Waterfront comes alive on July 4th! The 4th of July concert begins at 7:30 featuring plenty of patriotic favorites and the fireworks start to light up the sky at 9:15.
Saturday, July 10th (rain date July 13th)
- Rock Harbor 8:45 pm - The annual fireworks display at Rock Harbor in honor of the 4th of July will be begin at dusk. Put on your red, white, and blue, and come celebrate America's birthday in Orleans.
Parades & Celebrations 2021
Saturday, July 3
- 9:30 am - Chatham’s Independence Day Parade, which started in 1908, is one of the oldest in the United States. It attracts over 20,000 spectators and showcases the pride of the community, its visitors and residents.
- 10:00 am - Marching bands, floats, music, clowns, and much, much more. The parade route goes down Eldredge Park Way, Route 6A, Main Street and Route 28 and back to Eldredge Park.
- 9:00 am - Don't miss this 4th of July tradition. Big floats, small floats, bikes walkers, motorcycles and dogs are all included in this parade. It begins at the County Complex on Railroad Avenue and proceeds down Main Street (Route 6A); left onto Mill Way and continue to the Village Hollow where it will end with various activities.