We had a lovely stay, with a few suggestions
We had a lovely stay at this house, in large part because the owner is very organized with the contract and house details (which we appreciated). The house is much bigger than it looks from the pictures, easily sleeping two families with five children between us. The house has two kitchens (we only used one), many sitting rooms, 4 big bedrooms, and more. We very much enjoyed the use of the kayaks / hobie cat in the bay, and enjoyed the pool as well. Both of these were so entertaining that we decided the schlep to the beach was generally not worth it.
A few highlights -
- Grocery store in Mashpee is approx 10 min drive; a variety of shops there as well
- We enjoyed walking the quiet neighborhood and meeting some of the neighbors
- A quick drive from Boston, not too "far" into the Cape
- Some nice visits to neighboring towns (Falmouth / Woods Hole a highlight)
- Kayak / Hobie use as mentioned in the lovely bay (bay is not for swimming though)
- Great, friendly owner
A few suggestions / comments -
- The detailed contract puts a lot of the onus for the house on the renters, so be prepared for that (count the remote controls, maintain the pool or pay to have it maintained, etc)
- House is a typical rental in that it's a little tired but as I said, also very spacious
- Neighborhood roads don't have sidewalks (we run a lot) but also not SO many cars that you can't figure out a safe route
We would definitely go back.
Date of Stay: August 2016
Date Submitted: September 2016
We always appreciate constructive feedback from our guests. This helps us improve our home for future guests.
We have been slowly updating the house over the past five years and plan to continue with a small section or project each year. This winter/ spring we will be completing the kitchen and painting the pool. With the drought of summer 2016 and a voluntary watering ban, the yard has taken a beating. We are exploring the options for low maintenance plants.
Having multiple renters (very large groups) over a four month period does put a lot of wear and tear on our family home and sometimes it can get a little tired. We are trying to establish cost effective solutions to make sure our home is vibrant and enjoyable all summer long, just as it is on Memorial Day weekend !!!!
Our contract is very detailed, unfortunately most of the paragraphs of the contract are due to past renters' negligence.