We will DEFINITELY rent here again!
Just finished a three night stay at this home with 12 people (10 adults - 40's-50's, and 2 tweens). I would have to work hard to come up with a complaint! This group has rented many homes on the island over the past 20 years and this one has risen the ranks of absolute favorites.
Things I loved:
- multiple "wings" for sleeping; people really could have a little bit of privacy away from the big group.
- dining set up totally accommodated our big group
- 2 fridges: One for food, one for adult beverages! Brilliant!
- off street parking for our 3 cars, very safe
- the home is decorated beautifully, great colors on the wall, feels very homey. This house really LOOKS like the pictures!
- the house was clean, well taken care of, and the owner obviously spends the off season investing money and elbow grease to get it in shape.
- the location is great -- very close to circuit ave and all the great shopping and eating that OB has to offer, the beach, and, of course, to Back Door Donuts. You really don't need a car to enjoy a great weekend here.
I'd point out that the bathrooms are a bit small; if you're a larger-bodied crowd, one or two of the toilets may feel a bit closed in for you. I'd also mention that there is a cool bedroom in the back with 3 twin beds, but you wouldn't put little kids in that space, unless you were confident in their ability to navigate tricky stairs. (You might also not put drunk adults in there, for the same reason :-) )
Finally, the owner was very collaborative with communication as the trip came upon us, and was SUPER responsive to any of my questions. He was a real joy to work with!
I would not hesitate to rent this place again!