Our TOP TEN, it's our go-to rental the past two summers:
1. Rent a kayak or stand up paddleboard at 600+ acre Trustees of Reservations Long Point wildlife refuge beach to tour endless Long Cove Pond ideal for kids, and bring your boogie board for the surf on the ocean side.
2. Linger at beautiful Lamberts Cove beach, never overly crowded, perhaps the best family beach on the island. Bring a picnic and come back to watch the sunset without Menemsha’s evening crowds.
3. A ten mile newly paved trail circumvents the state forest right in back of the house. Bike trails extend all the way to Edgartown. three bikes to use at the house.
4. Having two master bedrooms upstairs allows us to bring our two girls and add another couple and their one-two kids to make the rental very affordable.
5. In an era where work intervenes, you can always find a quiet spot to get it done quickly in any room & get back to having fun.
6. Peace and quiet – birds, bunnies, crickets, fireflies - at the end of a country road during the height of the busy summer season.
7. West Tisbury is our favorite town – central location, best beaches, best library, Sat. farmers market, Icehouse & Seth’s ponds for the kids, Scottish bakehouse for breakfast, go fancy at State Road restaurant, hike Cedar Tree Neck reservation, yoga classes at the Yoga Barn, horse rides at Arrowhead farms.
8. The owner is attentive - checks in to make sure we’re settled on arrival ask for feedback when we leave & acts on good suggestions. In 2018 he added new hardwood floors everywhere, new grill, some new furniture. In 2019 he’s adding air conditioners to the upstairs master bedrooms.
9. Our primary needs are met – wi-fi, cable/HD 50 inch TV, comfortable beds, grill, outdoor shower, 3 bikes, pool table, plenty of cookware, and the central location means 20 minutes to Circuit Ave/Oak Bluffs, Aquinnah Cliffs, Menemsha sunsets, downtown Edgartown & being up-island means less summer traffic. Ten minutes to Lamberts Cove/Seths Pond. 15 to Long Point.
10. The house has an audiophile quality stereo system which opens your ears up to sounds you didn’t know were there.