Summer is in full swing on the Cape and Islands, and there’s plenty to do and see! Be sure to add these to your Summer Bucket List!
1. Catch a film at the Woods Hole Film Festival, July 31 - August 7.
2. Purchase unique jewelry, ceramics, or other local art pieces at the Chatham Craft Fest on August 7-8.
3. Learn to shuck oysters at The Pheasant in Dennis during one of their oyster classes.
4. Enjoy some yummy dishes at the Annual Cape Cod Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival on August 7 at the Cape Cod Fairgrounds.
5. Get creative and have some family fun at Lego Time at Nantucket Family Resource Center on August 11. Legos will be provided during this event.
6. Set sail during the Nantucket Community Sailing Race Week on August 14-22.
7. Not looking to set sail? Watch the Nantucket Community Sailing Opera House Cup Race on August 22.
8. Show your running skills at the Falmouth Road Race on August 15.
The Falmouth Road Race finish line destination.
9. Get jazzy at the Provincetown Jazz Festival, August 2 and 16.
10. Enjoy a free film at the Mashpee Commons Summer Movie Nights on Thursday evenings.
11. Dance the night away at the Built on Stilts Dance Festival, held August 12-14 on Martha’s Vineyard.
12. Take a tour of Cape Cod Beer on Saturdays throughout the month. Check out
CapeCodBeer.com to reserve your spot.
13. Marvel at sand sculptures, located throughout Yarmouth on the
10th Annual Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail.
14. Attend the 159th Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Fair on August 19-22.
15. Looking for other special art trails? Check out the Artisan Adirondack Chair Trail in Sandwich.
16. Let there be light! Enjoy the Grand Illumination Night on Oak Bluffs in Martha’s Vineyard on August 18.
17. Attend the Downtown Plymouth Waterfront Festival on August 28.
18. Listen to music selections from a variety of artists at the Concerts at the Melody Tent in Hyannis, The Harwich Port Musical Stroll, Monday Night Concerns on the Green in Eastham, Eastern Bank Concerts by the Canal in Buzzards Bay, and other local venues.
19. Explore the Art Cottages in Orleans and the Hyannis HyArt Artist Shanties to find the perfect piece to take home.
20. Sip local wine and listen to live music at Cape Cod Winery events throughout the month of August.
With so many events in store for August, we hope you’re able to pack as much fun as you can on your visit to the Cape and Islands!