From the beautiful display of colorful leaves to the crisp feeling in the air, there is so much to love about the cozy season on Cape Cod. Fall on Cape Cod is reminiscent of warm apple cider, cozy oversized flannels, and golden hour walks beneath the soft glow of the setting sun. Feel the leaves crunch beneath your feet as you explore Cape Cod outside of its peak season. It's time to accept summer's end and kick off the cozy season with the following festive events and activities!
1. Take advantage of the quiet season and go for a stroll along the seashore. You may even have the entire beach to yourself! Some fall days are warm enough for a second summer swim.
2. Explore one of Cape Cod's expansive pumpkin patches! Picking the perfect pumpkin can be a lot of pressure, but it doesn't have to be when you visit Yarmouth's Giant Pumpkin Patch located at the West Yarmouth Congregational Church. It's also the perfect place for photo op's - many photographers and tourists are drawn to this vibrant field of orange.
3. What says fall more than attending an old fashioned fair complete with warm apple cider, pumpkin flavored sweet treats, and cuddling up with furry friends? Stop by the Fall Festival at Taylor Bray Farm on October 7th for all things autumn!
4. Stroll Seaside Cemetery this spooky season! An experienced guide will lead you through the cemetery while actors educate you on the lives of select Chatham residents and their final resting place. Following the walking tour, you'll reconvene back at the Atwood Museum to enjoy hot chocolate and other treats.
5. Join WeNeedaVacation in celebrating the vibrant town of Wellfleet at OysterFest 2023! We're thrilled to be a leading sponsor at this year's event, and we can't wait to honor this wonderful, colorful community, the hardworking individuals who inhabit it, and, the bold and briny Wellfleet oyster!
6. Catch a whale watch. Most whale watches still run through October, so don't miss out on your chance to experience the amazing show that the beautiful ocean dwellers put on.
7. Purchase your favorite fall sweets from one of the many bakeries on Cape Cod. Pumpkin bread, apple pie, and maple donuts, oh my! Visit Capecodeateries.com for some recommendations.
8. Bike along the Shining Sea Bikeway or the Cape Cod Canal and enjoy the scenery of the changing seasons. The soft glow of the sun casts sparkles on the water's surface and offers you the perfect amount of warmth amidst the crispy fall air.
9. Enjoy the best of New England at the Yarmouth Seaside Festival on October 7 - 9. You’ll find a huge arts and craft show that brings crafters from all over New England, as well as great food, live music, a children’s entertainment tent, games, rides, and much more.
10. Admire the creative carvings of local Chatham businesses at Chatham’s Pumpkin People in the Park. The array of artistic pumpkin people can be viewed October 14th - October 31 at Kate Gould Park.
11. Enjoy the colorful creations of the immensely talented glass artists featured at the 10th annual PumpkinFest in Sandwich! Featuring beautiful, intricately crafted glass pumpkins ranging in shape, size, and color, you'll be mesmerized by the talent!
12. It's time for beers and brats at Chatham's Oktoberfest. Happening on Saturday October 21st at Kate Gould Park, Oktoberfest will feature live music, craft booths, beer, and brats. Don't miss this exciting spin on the German classic.
There are so many special events to enjoy during the changes of the season. We definitely recommend adding these fall favorites to your list!