From the beautiful display of colorful leaves to the crisp feeling in the air, there is so much to love about fall. While the summer season is over, there is still plenty to enjoy on Cape Cod. Be sure to visit during the off-season and enjoy some of these activities!
1. Race into fall at the Seaside LeMans Kart Race on September 11 in Mashpee. Watch this annual family-friendly endurance race of European-style Formula One race karts driven by local sponsors on a quarter-mile outdoor track around Mashpee Commons.
2. Take advantage of the quiet season and walk along the beach. You may even have the entire beach to yourself! Some fall days are warm enough for a swim.
3. Take in some scenery at the Cape Cod Wildlife Festival, happening at the Mass
Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary in Barnstable. Enjoy a day of conservation, animals, music, and fun.
4. Hang out by the bridge at Cape Cod Canal Day, happening on September 12 at Buzzards Bay Park in Bourne. This family-friendly festival features local food trucks, craft beer and wine, arts and craft vendors, live entertainment, children’s activities, a Cape Cod Canal cornhole tournament, and the Canal 5K Road Race.
5. Enjoy the flavors of the season at the Harwich Cranberry and Music Fest. This event, September 18 - 19, will feature food trucks and more than 100 different vendors selling handmade craft items.
6. Kayak through the changing scenery of Cape Cod’s many creeks, marshes, and bays.
7. Purchase your favorite fall sweets from one of the many bakeries on Cape Cod. Pumpkin bread, apple pie, and maple donuts, oh my! Visit Capecodeateries.com for some recommendations.
8. Celebrate American craft brewers and sample from over 50 breweries and more than 200 styles of beer at the 9th annual Cape Cod Brew Fest, happening on September 25 at the Barnstable County Fairgrounds.
9. Explore the local art scene at the Arts Alive Festival in Falmouth, taking place Sept 10 – 12; the Sandwich Fine Arts & Craft Show on Sept 18 and Oct 9; and the Love Live Local Fest in Hyannis on Sept 26.
10. Catch a whale watch. Most whale watches still run through October.
11. Ride along the Shining Sea Bikeway or the Cape Cod Canal and enjoy the scenery of the changing seasons.
12. Listen to a variety of music at the 7th Annual Vinegrass Music Festival on October 3. During this event, held at Truro Vineyards, you can enjoy the sounds of Americana, Bluegrass, & Folk, otherwise known as American Roots Music.
13. Enjoy the best of New England at the Yarmouth Seaside Festival on October 9 - 10. You’ll find a huge arts and craft show that brings crafters from all over New England, as well as great food, live music, a children’s entertainment tent, games, rides, and much more.
14. Celebrate the best of Sandwich at SandwichFest. On October 2, local chefs will compete for The Best Sandwich in Sandwich trophy. There will also be plenty of activities to enjoy, including arts and crafts, lawn games, live performances, a dog costume parade, and a beer and wine garden.
15. Get in the Halloween spirit at the Chatham’s Pumpkin People in the Park, starting October 15 in Kate Gould Park.
There are so many special events to enjoy during the changes of the season. We definitely recommend adding these fall favorites to your list!