Based in Toronto, my family grew up summering in Harwich Port, and fell in love with it. I taught sailing at the local yacht club, and vowed to to one day have a Cape Cod home. When I had children of my own, I was lucky enough to be able to find Seawind, and our best times were either sharing the home and the good times with another couple and their children, or with my parents.
Now in a second blended family, all our children are now ''grown up'' (or at least, until they need something), and as we prefer the quieter spring and fall, the home is available for other families to enjoy the magic of the Cape as we once did.
Both of us run our own businesses - and with 5 kids, we well appreciate both how important it is to have a worry-free break - and secure those special lifetime memories. We promise to make sure your stay at Seawind is a great experience your family will appreciate forever.
Professionally, the founder of Canada's Clean50 Awards & sustainability search firm Delta Management Group. www,clean50.com - trying to slow down climate change and save the world! And - as you'll see on arrival amidst all the nautical decor - an avid sailor!
My favorite time at Seawind is back from the beach on the back deck with a beer - or enjoying a late BBQ dinner and a glass of wine on the back deck, stars overhead, and either music on the speakers or listening to the waves break on the beach.
What is special about this property?
The magic of Seawind for us is how it is both secluded - and yet also close to everything! This past spring we had numerous visits from rabbits and hawks, and even a fox and a deer!
As the largest lot in the neighborhood, with over 60 trees, we have both privacy and a little more peace and quiet when we want it - but the proximity to everything is amazing. 5 minutes to the beach, or to CVS and Dunkin as well as immediate access to plenty of other families / kids nearby. And a ten minute walk to ''downtown'' HarwichPort.
Our guests appreciate having two yards and lots of space to run around - without worrying about traffic nearby. And of course, the great beach so nearby. We've been told the other things that make us unique is how well equipped the house is, the ample space in the finished basement - room for kids to craft, play games or watch TV - and lots of room to separate kids from each other if they need some ''time out''.
One of the reasons we have so many repeat guests is our focus on details: We do everything we can to make sure that every family who visits has the same great experience. It's a combination of having great cleaners, a responsive property manager next door, and most importantly, a really well equipped, well maintained home, with modern appliances, every amenity - and lots of toys, books & puzzles to occupy kids on an inevitable rain day.
Seawind is actually a historical site: the location of the first anti-slavery meeting in New England!
What is special about your town?
Harwich Port offers lots of choices - and at Seawind, we are walking distance to all of it!
Seawind is less than a 5 minute walk to:
- The warm sandy Ocean Street beach on Nantucket Sound
- CVS, Dunkin Donuts, True Value
- Art in the Park on Mondays
A 7-10 minute walk to:
- 14 really great choices for food!
- the world's best pizza from Georges for delivery - repeatedly voted best on the Lower Cape
- 9 great restaurants offering a wide range of dining experiences from breakfast diner, to ''family'' to local hot spots, and, at the top end of the culinary scale, a Zagat rated and repeat James Beard House chef.
- 3 sandwich cafes / coffee shops.
- Best liquor store on the Lower Cape
- 9 hole golf course (perfect for a low pressure first game for a new golfer)
- Wednesday night ''live music nights'' on Main Street!
And only a 5-7 minute drive to:
- one of the top public 18 hole golf courses in the country
- Mini Golf
- Bike Paths
- Go Karts
- Bumper boats
- 3 different fresh water ponds
- public tennis courts, basketball courts and skatepark
- Harwich Mariner's Cape Baseball home field
- Brewster Whitecaps Cape Baseball home field