I have been in Wellfleet 3 times before. The house I've rented before was very good. This time, the owners did not respond in a timely manner, and I spent significant time to search, compare prices, etc., for a decent house for a party of 7. So i can compare and will point out why you would be happy to have a very nice time in Wellfleet in Rebecca's house.
1. Location of the house: 3-4 minute drive to 2 beaches and same or less to 2 ponds. (Do not understand why the call them ponds. Supposed to be lakes.)
2. Neighborhood: Wellfleet is a very quiet and safe place by itself. But some of guests could listen to loud music or sometimes behave loudly. Rebecca's (owner) house is located more than 100 + yards from 2 more houses. You can barely see them through trees. So no noise or anything will prevent you from taking midday nap.
3. House: Very decent size clean, neat 4 bedrooms. 2 on 3 third floor have air conditioners. This is a big advantage if you prefer take midday nap not on outside patio but inside. Plus could be hot weather and you might want to use it night.
There is some device in basement that dehumidifies and cool off living area on first and second floors. Generous size living areas on floors 1 and 2 floors, with 2 more couches that allow 2 more guests to sleep comfortably. So party of 10 can be accommodated with not troubles. (not positive if it is allowed).
Kitchen has all necessary supplies, plates, cups, pots, cookware in any imaginable size. Plus they're not plastic cheap ones.
4. Owner communications: Maybe i'm lucky but so far all owners in different places I vacationed were nice, good people.
There was one exception though so I would like to point out that Rebecca was always clear, timely, and accurately responded to all e-mails and my questions. Sometimes her response came within minutes.
5. Extras: Outside summer shower, grill, 2 tables on patio (not one). I can continue on and on.
There are some choices to rent house in Wellfleet if you book in advance (4+ month in advance) -- size wise, location, prices (I got some discount as I booked more than 6 months in advance),etc. It would not be easy (I say impossible) to do better than Rebecca's house for all the amenities, location, and price. So do not hesitate to rent it. You would never regret it.
Hi Alex ~ We are SO happy that you and your friends had a great vacation in Wellfleet and that our house helped make it a good experience. Just wonderful to be able to get together with a group of friends the way you guys did! We love all the things that you mention as well.... and I am glad our place made a good impression on your friends. With best regards, Rebecca