We visited this home mid September. SO many great things to say about it:
1. The views are sensational. Every level of the house has gorgeous views.
2. The beds and linens were super comfy. We slept like kings and queens. Three of the bedrooms have sliding doors to a deck/porch.
3. The house has a private beach. It is also in walking distance to 2 other private beaches, or semi private, at the least. All 3 are gorgeous. There was no one else there anytime we went. The house is in the woods so the walk to the beaches is very relaxing.
4. The owner left us a welcome basket. That was just lovely: tea, coffee, snacks, wine, etc. Got us off to a great start.
5. The house has anything you could think of. I brought my own apron (have never had one of those at a rental before) and in fact, even that was there. It's very well stocked: games, books, pots, glasses, blankets, etc.
6. The house has enough space for people to spread out indoors in the event of inclement weather.
7. The owner left us a very thorough guide with details on everything. We took one of his suggestions and had a kayak and paddle board dropped off. We had a blast with those.
8. The private beach is not deep nor rough nor very rocky. Easy to enjoy.
9. The owner was very responsive. I had a general question about one of the island attractions and thanks to him we were able to finally see Lucy Vincent Beach. He also sent notes to welcome us and let us know he was available.
10. All of the appliances are new and the house has a great personality. It's cozy and family friendly. The house is in a great location; only 10 mins to Vineyard Haven and 15 to Oak Bluffs. Yet, it is also its own private oasis where you feel like you are really away!
We hope to be back next year, same time.