Where: Heritage Museums and Gardens, 67 Grove Street, Sandwich MA View Map
When: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM
How Much: Adults $20, Children $10, Members, $17, Youth Member, $8 children 2 & under free
About Gardens Aglow - A Treasured Holiday Tradition...Specially created light displays will adorn structures and flora throughout the gardens with nearly 2,000 strands of LED lighting wrapped around branches of trees and trunks of rhododendron shrubs to create a twinkling wonderland forest. Rope lighting follows the gardens’ natural forms, using vertical lines to outline the silhouettes of towering oak trees, as uplit spotlights produce a sparkling laser effect.
Among the highlights of Gardens Aglow:
• A model train will pass through replicas of the George Washington Bridge and Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge (suspended seven feet above the floor in the Special Exhibitions Gallery) made of natural elements such as moss, twigs and branches from around the Heritage property.
• Visitors can ride the antique carousel decked with festive trimming.
• A stunning Eiffel Tower replica centerpiece will be on view for the first time.
• Holiday themed music and dance performances by community groups will occur in the Automobile Gallery as St. Nick holds court in the vintage Model T.
• Children are invited to walk the dazzling Hidden Hollow™ by moonlight and create holiday decorations to take home.
• Marshmallow roasting will occur at outdoor fire pits and seasonal treats will be available at the Magnolia Café.
For the second year in a row, Heritage Museums & Gardens is partnering with the Sandwich Food Pantry to launch a holiday toothbrush and toothpaste drive to help assist families in the town of Sandwich. Donation boxes for these essential items will be set up in The Shop at Heritage at the entrance of the property.ser effect.
Sandwich Rentals | Cape Cod Rentals