I am a born-and-raised, true Cape Cod girl! Salt water runs in my veins, and my mother swears I’m part fish because I swam so much as a kid. There is no seafood I won’t eat, no smell I like better than the salt air, and no better way to spend a day than at the beach. That being said, my dream vacation location is . . . right here on the Cape! It’s a “beach shack” nestled in the dunes with beadboard ceilings, mismatched furniture, seaglass décor, and a beach grass yard with a path leading right to the ocean. It’s bathing suit attire only, and shoes are optional. At my dream vacation house, there’s no need for TVs or phones—just books, towels, and sunscreen!
Here’s a list of some classic Cape and Islands beach shacks . . . reserve yours now—before I beat you to it!
1) Located on a beautiful, private, sandy beach, this home offers panoramic views of East Sandwich Beach and Cape Cod Bay from every room.
2) Take a step back in time and enjoy this breezy, quaint, Nantucket cottage from the past.
3) The cottage on this incredible property is the outermost house on its street, on top of the dunes overlooking the ocean.
4) Classic Cape Cod features include white beadboard, a vaulted and beamed living room ceiling, and real hardwood—just a quick walk down a private path to Campground Beach on Cape Cod Bay.
5) This in-town, harborfront, antique scallop shack for two and is only a 5 minute stroll to Main Street.
6) Bright, airy beach cottage right across from beautiful Mayo Beach
7) Come splash and play in the warm waters of Nantucket Sound on a private beach— it’s 100 yards from the door!
8) This charming 3 bedroom cottage is nestled in the dunes just a few steps from your private beach.
9) Relax on the front porch and view Martha's Vineyard across the Sound.
10) This delightful family cottage is located on beautiful Nantucket Sound with about a mile of uninterrupted beach to wander.