I am a born-and-raised, Cape Cod girl! Salt water runs in my veins, and my mother swears I’m part fish because I swam so much as a kid. There is no seafood I won’t eat, no smell I like better than the salt air, and no better way to spend a day than at the beach. That being said, my dream vacation location is . . . right here on the Cape! It’s a “beach shack” nestled in the dunes with beadboard ceilings, mismatched furniture, seaglass décor, and a beach grass yard with a path leading straight to the ocean. It’s bathing suit attire only, and shoes are optional. At my dream vacation house, there’s no need for TVs or phones—just books, towels, and sunscreen!
Here’s a list of some classic Cape and Islands beach shacks . . . reserve yours now—before I beat you to it!
1) Bayfront in Truro, only steps to the beach
2) This oceanfront cottage sits directly on ‘Sconset Beach and offers water views from every room
3) Amazing panoramic view of the ocean with a private beach in Sandwich
4) Beach cottage perched above Campground Beach
5) 7-bedroom waterfront cottage on Chappaquiddick
6) Beachfront cottage, sitting atop dunes overlooking Cape Cod Bay
7) Water views and private beach from this Brant Point cottage
8) Charming, renovated cottage on the sands of Truro
9) Bright, airy beach cottage right across from beautiful Mayo Beach
10) Enjoy panoramic views of East Sandwich Beach and Cape Cod Bay from this beachfront home