I am a born-and-raised, true Cape Cod girl! Salt water runs in my veins, and my mother swears I’m part fish because I swam so much as a kid. There is no seafood I won’t eat, no smell I like better than the salt air, and no better way to spend a day than at the beach. That being said, my dream vacation location is . . . right here on the Cape! It’s a “beach shack” nestled in the dunes with beadboard ceilings, mismatched furniture, seaglass décor, and a beach grass yard with a path leading right to the ocean. It’s bathing suit attire only, and shoes are optional. At my dream vacation house, there’s no need for TVs or phones—just books, towels, and sunscreen!
Here’s a list of some classic Cape and Islands beach shacks . . . reserve yours now—before I beat you to it!
1) This oceanfront cottage sits directly on ‘Sconset Beach and offers water views from every room
2) Spectacular panoramic views from this beachfront Wellfleet cottage
3) Bright, airy beach cottage right across from beautiful Mayo Beach
4) Classic Cape Cod features include white beadboard, and vaulted and beamed living room ceiling—just a quick walk bay beach
5) Take a step back in time and enjoy this breezy, quaint, Nantucket cottage from the past