The architecture found on the Cape and Islands varies quite a bit. Of course you will find the beloved, classic Cape and Colonial styles, but you’ll see many others if you keep your eye out. There are the Mansard, Federal and Greek Revival styles, and if you make it out to Martha’s Vineyard, you’ll see the playful “gingerbread houses” of the Carpenter Gothic style.
The Cape and Islands also have a flair for the more modern, however. Here are a few homes with large windows, soaring ceilings, interesting rooflines, and minimalist designs. Behold, “Olde Cape Cod” has stepped into modern times!
1) Waterfront home steps to Vineyard Sound & Tashmoo Pond
2) Walk to town from this newly built, modern Wellfleet home
3) Spectacular waterfront views from this incredible Wellfleet contemporary
4) Brewster architectural masterpiece with private beach
5) Oceanfront contemporary on Lucy Vincent beach
6) Walk to the beach from this South Orleans California contemporary
7) Contemporary beach house with panoramic views on Lieutenant’s Island