What can make a vacation stay on Cape Cod, Nantucket, or Martha’s Vineyard even more meaningful? Staying in a home that is eco-friendly! Preserving the beauty of this special place is something near and dear to our and our homeowners' hearts.
Many of our homeowners offer amenities that promote a cleaner, greener environment. Here are three of the key amenities.
According to treehugger.com, 80% of the 50 billion plastic water bottles consumed every year end up in the landfill, and many end up in the ocean, which is why many towns on the Cape and Islands have banned the use/sale of single use plastic water bottles. Plastic water bottles are a large waste contributor that can easily be resolved through the use of reusable bottles and filtered water systems. Many of our homeowners provide filtered water in their homes. Vacationers can hydrate happily knowing they’re doing their part for the environment!
Energy Efficient Options
As a community, we need to join together to do everything we can to conserve energy. Many of our homes feature LED lighting and Energy Star appliances, both of which reduce the homes’ carbon footprint. An increasing number of homes utilize renewable resources, such as solar or geothermal, to power, heat, and cool their homes.
Do you own an electric vehicle? Many homeowners provide electric charging stations right on their property to accommodate the growing number of EVs on the road. This is a convenient amenity to assure that your vehicle is charged and ready for your trip to the beach!
According to a study by wastecare.com, a hotel guest creates an average of about 3.2 pounds of waste per room per day, and 2 pounds of waste per meal served. The majority of our homes provide recycling services to mitigate the large amount of waste generated during a vacationer's stay. Many homeowners also leave reusable grocery totes for vacationers to use. Some homes even offer onsite composting.
Looking to stay at a WeNeedaVacation Green Home? Our property listings include either a Green Home badge or a green leaf symbol to indicate the number of green amenities available at each property. A Green Home has 6 or more eco-friendly amenities while a listing with a green leaf has fewer than 6. Be sure to check out these helpful icons when browsing our website!
1) Beautiful new house with solar panels near private beach
2) Privacy, Charm, and Informality + Beach
3) Locked gate beach, privacy, paradise
4) Charming seaside condo in Hyannis
5) **Booking Spring & Summer Date Now **
6) Waterfront with central AC on a beautiful lake
7) ''Island Thyme'' Townhome w/AC on Main St at the Wharf
8) Sandy Neck Beach Retreat
9) Beautiful, Spacious Home Sleeps 16
10) 4 BR Sleeps 10, Less than .3 mi to 3 Beaches
11) Charming South Harwich Cape With Ocean View & Walk 2 Beach
12) Nauset Beach House - Big, Beautiful, Views, Walk To Beach!
13) HARBORVIEW - A premier waterfront home in Wellfleet.
14) A Private Oasis on Flax Pond
15) Waterfront.Walls of glass.Views surround.Walk to town.A/C
16) Modern 3Br, Hot Tub, Game Room, a/c, Dog Ok, Near Beaches