Recently I read an article suggesting that parents should spend less on toys and more on family vacations. “Family holidays are definitely valued by children, both in the moment and for long afterwards in their memory.” I believe this sentiment, as my children and I have had countless conversations remembering our family vacations from past years. Reflecting on memories of playing with the must-have-robot/action figure/Lego set from years ago, not so much!
Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard are the perfect setting for a family vacation—especially during the holiday season. What could be better than spending this time of year with your loved ones, cozied up on the quiet Cape or Islands? Here are just a few of the many homes available over the Holidays.
If a visit during this time of year doesn’t work for you, and you’re looking for the ultimate holiday gift, consider booking a Cape or Islands getaway for 2019. Plan a family reunion, a visit with some of your closest friends, or just a week at the beach! There is no doubt your money will be well spent while vacationing on the Cape or Islands.
1) Vineyard Haven gem — a perfect backdrop for making memories
2) Edgartown home situated in an idyllic private wooded setting on a pond
3) Water views from this true Nantucket style home
4) Bay views from this Wellfleet home
5) Nantucket home and carriage house perfect for many guests
6) Short walk to beach and town from this townhouse
7) New, cozy home just a short walk to beach
8) Gorgeous, rambling Cape house yards from a private and public beach
9) Lakefront house on private 2 acres