Many years ago, our extended family would rent a large house each summer and gather together on the Cape. It was wonderful to experience a new part of the Cape as vacationers, even though some of us live here. New places for ice-cream and fried clams, new beaches to explore, and new family traditions.
Here is a list of 10 homes that sleep at least fourteen people. Typically, the larger homes on the Cape and Islands are the first to book up each summer. If your family or friends are considering a large gathering, perhaps one of these homes would suit you well for a Reunion.
1) Captain Morse House - Edgartown Village Living at its Finest - Sleeps 23
2) Manor by the Sea with Private, Sandy Beach - Sleeps 19
3) Chatham! Family/Reunion/Retreat with Ocean Harbor View, Best Beach - Sleeps 20
4) Falmouth Heights Beachfront Gem - Sleeps 25
5) Willows Inn: Beautiful, 10 BR Home near Corporation Beach - Sleeps 20
6) Ideal for extended families-pool, tennis court, guest house! Sleeps 20
7) Landmark Estate on Tip of Private Peninsula - Sleeps 16
8) ''Absolute Best of The Best'' -Cape Cod Magazine - Sleeps 14
9) Hedgebound of Cape Cod - a Private Estate - Sleeps 21
10) Charming 1880 Victorian Onset Cape House Fronting the Beach - Sleeps 18
For more ideas about planning a family reunion on the Cape or Islands, please visit our Family Reunions blog post.
About Becky Fischer: I have worked for WeNeedaVacation.com since 2003. Currently serving as Marketing Manager, my position entails collaborating on all print and social media marketing efforts as well as the company's valuable relationship with 17 local Chambers of Commerce. In addition, I provide photography, video, and consultation services to vacation rental homeowners, and have photographed over 300 homes on the Cape and Islands. My husband and three children moved to Brewster in 2006. I grew up outside of Boston, spent summer vacations on Nantucket, and was married in Orleans. My favorite activities on the Cape are walking on the CCRT, deep breaths at the beach, and working with my community to support the schools and local events.