Many years ago, our extended family would rent a large house each summer and gather together on the Cape. It was wonderful to experience a new part of the Cape as vacationers, even though some of us live here. New places for ice-cream and fried clams, new beaches to explore, and new family traditions.
Here is a list of homes that sleep at least twelve people. Typically, the larger homes on the Cape and Islands are the first to book up each summer. If your family or friends are considering a large gathering, perhaps one of these homes would suit you well for a Reunion.
1) Oceanfront, Family-Friendly Home - Sleeps 12
2) 6000 Square Foot Executive Waterfront Luxury Estate - Sleeps 16
3) Family Beach House at Reduced Rates - Sleeps 18
4) Secluded Estate On 3 Acres with House, Cottage, and Pond - Sleeps 14
5) Captain Morse House - Edgartown Village Living at its Finest - Sleeps 23
6) Chatham! Family/Reunion/Retreat with Ocean Harbor View, Best Beach - Sleeps 20
7) Falmouth Heights Beachfront Gem - Sleeps 25
8) “Absolute Best of The Best” -Cape Cod Magazine - Sleeps 14
9) Charming 1880 Victorian Onset Cape House Fronting the Beach - Sleeps 18
For more ideas about planning a family reunion on the Cape or Islands, please visit our Family Reunions blog post.
About Becky Fischer: I have worked for WeNeedaVacation.com since 2003. Currently serving as Marketing Manager, my position entails collaborating on all print and social media marketing efforts as well as the company's valuable relationship with 17 local Chambers of Commerce. In addition, I provide photography, video, and consultation services to vacation rental homeowners, and have photographed over 300 homes on the Cape and Islands. My husband and three children moved to Brewster in 2006. I grew up outside of Boston, spent summer vacations on Nantucket, and was married in Orleans. My favorite activities on the Cape are walking on the CCRT, deep breaths at the beach, and working with my community to support the schools and local events.